Over the past several months, I’ve figured out that my “go-to” set is Happy Thoughts. In fact, I’ve used it so many times that I had to figure out a more efficient way to stamp … and I’m sharing that Technique with you today. I can quickly make four cards using this one set and one Layout. I hope this Technique inspires you to create lots of lovely cards, in a short time, with Happy Thoughts!
TECHNIQUE – HAPPY THOUGHTS with the Stamparatus
– – Remove the Foam Mat from Stamparatus if you’re using Cling stamps
1. Create your “Guide” on Stamparatus Grid Paper: vertical lines at 3” and 6”; horizontal lines at 1”, 3”, 5” and 7”. Place small sentiment stamps, in the order shown, aligning between vertical lines and across horizontal lines. (See Photo 1). Lower Plate over stamps; add a little pressure to secure them to Plate.
2. With Plate raised, place Messages CS flush with top rail and between vertical lines; secure with Magnets.
3. Ink stamps with Stampin’ Pad/Marker; lower Plate onto CS. NOTE: If you’re not happy with the ‘look’ of your stamped messages (See Photo 2), raise the Plate, add more ink and stamp again. (See Photo 3).
4. Remove CS from Stamparatus. Cut out each sentiment with coordinating Punch in this order.
– Congratulations – Timeless (See Photo 4)
– Thinking of You – Everyday
– Happy Birthday – Story
– Thank You – Tailored
NOTE: Because you’ve spaced them according to the Guide, you’ll need to trim just a little from one punch to the next. (See Photo 5). If you’ve stamped your sentiments a little off center, not a problem … the placement on the Guide allows (actually expects) this and compensates accordingly!
Repeat process for as many sentiments as you need, in as many colors as you want!
CARDS – remember to remove the Foam Mat from your Stamparatus
1. Fold Card Base; burnish crease with Bone Folder. Set aside.
2. Following all steps of TECHNIQUE, stamp one set (four) sentiments with Meadow ink on Granite Messages CS and cut out with coordinating Punch.
3. Create Sentiment/backing layers (refer to finished Cards if needed):
– Congratulations – two Timeless cutouts from Bumblebee CS, crisscrossed to create new shape (See Photo 6); add Stars with Take Your Pick
– Thinking Of You – one Everyday cutout from Meadow CS, offset to top left; add Gems with Take Your Pick
– Happy Birthday – two Story cutouts from Moonlight CS, one offset to top, other to bottom; add Rhinestones with Take Your Pick
– Thank You – two Tailored Tag cutouts from Cider CS, one offset to the top right, other to lower left, keeping opposite edge flush with stamped piece; add Dots with Take Your Pick.
4. Assemble Card as follows:
– Adhere DSP pieces to Suede CS with Seal;
– Wrap Trim over DSP, covering where pieces meet, securing on front with thin line of Liquid Glue and on back with Glue Dots;
– Attach to Card Base with Seal; and
– Add Sentiment/backer with Dimensionals.
5. Decorate Card Insert with stamps/DSP as desired; decorate Envelope if you choose.
Repeat these steps for all Card Bases + stamped sentiments you’ve prepared today.
2020-22 In Color A4 Cardstock [CS] (153075) Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Moonlight Madness scraps
Neutrals A4 Cardstock [CS] (146999)
– Early Espresso four 14.9cm x 21cm, scored and folded at 10.5cm [Card Base]
– Gray Granite four 13.9cm x 9.5cm [Card Insert], one 7.5cm x 21.5cm [Messages]
– Mossy Meadow scrap
– Soft Suede four 14.4cm x 10cm
RETIRING – Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper [DSP] (154297) Select coordinating designs then cut four 3.5cm x 13.9cm [I used Moonlight stripes] and four 6cm x 13.9cm [I used the smaller of the two dandelion/dragonfly prints]
RETIRING – 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim – Mossy Meadow (154298) four 19cm
Envelopes C6 – Very Vanilla (106589)
1. Create your “Guide” on Stamparatus Grid Paper: vertical lines at 7.5cm and 15cm; horizontal lines at 2.5cm, 7.5cm, 12.5cm, and 17.5cm.
RETIRING – Happy Thoughts (cling 154507)
Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad (147111)
Stampin’ Write Marker Assortments – Neutrals (147158) Mossy Meadow optional
Paper (including Cutting Dimensions):
8-1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock Assortments – In Colors 2020-22 (153074) Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Moonlight Madness scraps
8-1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock Assortments – Neutrals (146977)
– Early Espresso four 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored and folded at 4-1/4” [Card Base]
– Gray Granite four 4” x 5-1/4” [Card Insert], one 3” x 8-1/2” [Messages]
– Mossy Meadow scrap
– Soft Suede four 4” x 5-1/4”
RETIRING – Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper [DSP] (154297) Select coordinating designs then cut four 1-1/2” x 5” [I used Moonlight stripes] and four 2-1/2” x 5” [I used the smaller of the two dandelion/dragonfly prints]
RETIRING – 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim – Mossy Meadow (154298) four 6-1/2”
Blue Adhesive-backed Gems (153547)
Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels (151193)
Matte Black Dots (154284)
RETIRING – Star Designer Elements (150430)
Everyday Label Punch (144668)
RETIRING – Story Label Punch (150076)
Tailored Tag Punch (145667)
RETIRING – Timeless Label Punch (149516)
Small Grid Paper (149621)
Take Your Pick (144107)
Medium Envelopes – Very Vanilla (107300)
Bone Folder (102300)
Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Stampin’ Seal (152813)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Simply Shammy (147042) or Stampin’ Scrub (126200)
Stampin’ Mist Stamp Cleaner (153648)
Grid Paper (130148)
Paper Snips (103579)
Paper Trimmer (152392)