When giving a Gift Card, you’ll want a nice Holder to put it in. This Gift Card Holder, using the trendy Fine Art Floral paper, is the perfect way to present such a gracious gift. I didn’t add my sentiment today (I’ll do that when I’m ready to give my gift), but I know I’ll be using the Art Gallery set because it has a message for every Gift-Card-giving occasion!
Art Gallery (photopolymer 154421)
Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad (147111)
So Saffron Classic Stampin’ Pad (147109)
Paper (including cutting dimensions):
Merry Merlot Cardstock [CS] (146979) 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
Mossy Meadow Cardstock [CS] (133676) 3-1/2” x 4-1/4”
So Saffron Cardstock [CS] (105118) 4-1/2” x 7-1/2”, scored at 3-3/4” [Card Base]. 1-3/4” x 4-1/2” [Holder]
Love You Always Foil Sheets (154286) Sahara Sand 4” x 5”, 1/4” x 4-1/4”
RETIRING – Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper [DSP] (154558) 3-1/4” x 4”, 1/4” x 4-1/4”
3/8″ Fine Art Ribbon (154561) 10”
Detailed Trio Punch (146320)
Stamping Sponges (141337)
Medium Envelopes – Very Vanilla (107300)
Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199)
Bone Folder (102300)
Clear Block G (118489)
Stampin’ Seal (152813)
Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Tear & Tape Adhesive (138995) [RECONFIGURED in the new catalog]
Simply Shammy (147042) or Stampin’ Scrub (126200)
Stampin’ Mist Stamp Cleaner (153648)
Grid Paper (130148) or Small Grid Paper (149621)
Paper Snips (103579)
Paper Trimmer (152392)
TECHNIQUE – Gift Card Holder Base
1. Fold Card Base on score lines; burnish fold with Bone Folder. Set aside.
2. Use your Sponge and Saffron ink to darken the GC Holder CS. Sponge around the edges until it’s pretty dark, then Sponge a little color in the middle but don’t make it as dark as the edges. (See Photo 1). Round two corners with Trio Punch.
NOTE: Notice those three little dark spots in Photo 1? That’s where my fingernail poked through the Sponge! When that happens, don’t panic; just change add a strip of paper to cover it!
3. On the back of the Holder, add Tear & Tape to the left, lower, and right edges. (See Photo 2). Adhere to inside of left panel of Card Base placing so rounded corners are closest to the scoreline. (See Photo 3).
Make Your Card
1. Complete TECHNIQUE using Saffron Card Base and Card Holder pieces with Saffron ink.
2. Cut Tear & Tape lengthwise (into a very narrow piece) and attach to the Foil strip and DSP strip. Add these two pieces to Card Holder. Refer to Photo 3 for placement.
3. Round opposite corners of DSP with Trio punch. Adhere to Meadow CS with Seal. Wrap layer with Ribbon, securing on front and back with Glue Dots; add slip knot. Adhere layer to Card Base with Seal.
4. Attach Foil to Merlot CS with Tear & Tape; add Card Base to Foil with Tear & Tape.
5. When ready, stamp a sentiment inside Card Base with Meadow ink.
6. Decorate the Envelope if you choose.
Merry Merlot A4 Cardstock [CS] (147005) 10.5cm x 14.9cm
Mossy Meadow A4 Cardstock [CS] (133683) 8cm x 12cm
So Saffron A4 Cardstock [CS] (108611) 18cm x 13cm, scored and folded at 9cm [Card Base], 4.5cm x 13cm [Card Holder]
Love You Always Foil Sheets (154286) 10cm x 14cm, 0.5cm x 12cm
RETIRING – Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper [DSP] (154558) 7cm x 11cm, 0.5cm x 12cm
3/8″ Fine Art Ribbon (154561) 25cm
Envelopes C6 – Very Vanilla (106589)